Thursday, December 5, 2013

Another Super Yoga Weekend

Yoga Weekend November 29 to December 1st, 2013

For this past weekend yoga retreat, we went to a new location, Seebeck by Vielitzsee.
I must admit, I was nervous about the new location and how it would be.

What makes a good yoga weekend:
First: Good yoga in a nice room by a teacher you resonate with
Second: Delicious food: meal after meal
Third: Nice people on the retreat
Fourth: Comfy, warm rooms
Fifth: Great quiet surrounding: for walks, runs, or just to hang out in
I wasn't worried about the yoga: my classes are my classes.
I wasn't worried about the people. I knew most of them from my regular classes.
I wasn't worried about the space or the the location. I'd visited the house in September.
What I was worried about was the food. Normally, it is I who does the cooking.

I like to cook and I like to eat good food. I know from past yoga weekends and from the retreats I go to, what an integral part to the weekend the food is, so I was nervous. But the food was delicious.

After our first dinner (Pumpkin soup, tomato mozzarella salad, cheese, and bread) full with conversation and laughter, I breathed a happy deep exhale and knew the weekend was going to be fine. And it was. Meal after meal (we ate a lot as we tend to on these weekends), we sat happily around the candlelit table with sweet Grandma style dishes and serving spoons eating and delighting in the food before us.


Not having to cook and having more time to for myself and for my students was a gift. I enjoyed going for a walk and talking yoga philosophy with one guest. I enjoyed quietly practicing the piano listening to the animated conversation around me. I enjoyed sitting in the cozy sitting room, drinking tea and talking about barefoot running and the crazy crack smoking Torontonian mayor. The yoga room is even bigger here with a perfect place for massage to happen. We were lucky to have Julie join us again.

So all in all Guesthaus Seeback is great location and I look forward to returning in February.

Dates out now for 2014 Yoga weekend retreats in Germany and other events:
January 25th: Yogatag in Berlin.
Feb. 28 - March 2: Guesthaus Seebeck, Vielitzsee
March 14-16: Salvey Mühle, Gartz
April 4-6: Salvey Mühle, Gartz
June: Yoga Picnic
September 26-28: Rosenwald, Groß Kreutz (Havel)
October 10-12: Salvey Mühle, Gartz (To Be Confirmed)
November 7-9: Hotzan Hof, Spreewald
November 28-30: Guesthaus Seebeck, Vielitzsee

Peace and joy to all,
erinbell.
www.erinbellfanore.com







No comments:

Post a Comment

Berlin Bell's Street Yoga

DVD Trailer