Friday, March 26, 2010

Inspiration



A friend just emailed me words of inspiration and wonder from Marianne Williamson. I felt the need to post them. Especially since I have been so quiet on the blog front. The last two months have been for me more about in put than out up. Reading, studying, growing taller and deeper into myself. Nelson Mandel's speech echoes my various readings of the past two months (Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers, Yinsights by Bernie Clark, Yin Yoga by Paul Grilley, and the Tao Te Ching). Truth is truth. May these words below inspire each of us to be truly, wonderfully, gloriously and powerfully ourselves.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate,
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
Gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking,
So that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are born to manifest the glory of God within us;
It's in everyone.
And, as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permissions to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson, "A Return to Love"

May you be happy,
May you be peaceful,
May you be healthy,
May you be wonderfully and fully you,
erinbell

1 comment:

  1. Hello Erinbell!!
    That is one of my favourite passages of all time. It was actually written by Marianne Williamson from her book A Return to Love. I highly recommend reading the entire thing. Very inspiring indeed.
    xoxo
    Lisanna

    ReplyDelete

Berlin Bell's Street Yoga

DVD Trailer