Monday, December 17, 2012

Taking Time / Maiking Time

Today after bringing the kids to bed, I crawled right back in bed.  It is not the first time I have done something like this. But this time, as I continue to recover and deal with my body and mind still not flying like they usually do, I thought to myself, maybe this is what I need: more time to do nothing, or as a good friend said, "time to stare deep pink black holes in the air."  It's not easy for me at the moment. The long list of shoulds goes off in my head: I should vaccuum, I should do yoga, I should meditate, I should get my mom's Christmas present ready the one that is already way late for posting, I should call a friend, I should prep my theatre class, I should I should I should....  On and on. I closed my eyes and hide from my shoulds. I go back to lying in bed and breathing. I am struggling with myself. Cereberally I know it will all pass and that I am more than okay, but emotionally I am shaken.  

So this week, I offer myself up the challenge:

Take and make time for doing less

with lots of long deep breaths



Love and patience,
erinbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berlin Bell's Street Yoga

DVD Trailer