Friday, March 11, 2011

#3 streetcar shoulders

moving my body
through the city
from one moment to the next

traveling with awareness
through the city
with body and breath

Join me now at your computer. Then who knows maybe on your next streetcar/tram/bus/car trip, you might feel the need to move, to let go, to enjoy the body you live in day in and day out.

#3 streetcar shoulders.

About the Filming:

This was the first of the 5 films to be filmed and edited. So in many ways it feels like the first step and the springboard for all the other films.
Last April, on my way to Nina Hynes, I brought my lap top and filmed me doing the shoulder sequence. With my computer on my lap, I played the audio, stretched my neck and got plenty of funny looks.

Benefits of this sequence:


This is an other effective and simple sequence to interrupt long stints at the computer. (Of course it can also be done anywhere at all.) This stretch is particularly good for those with a stiff neck and/or tired eyes.
  • Relaxes neck, shoulders, and eyes
  • Removes stiffness in the shoulders and neck
  • Lengthens and stretches the neck, creating space between the cervical vertebrae
  • Quiets the mind
  • Focuses thoughts
  • Bring awareness to one's posture promoting better posture
  • Stretches and tones your eye muscles
  • Enhances blood circulation to the eyes which can improves vision

Peace and daily dashes of yoga,
erinbell


No comments:

Post a Comment

Berlin Bell's Street Yoga

DVD Trailer