Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Yoga Weekend at Salvey Mühle April 2013

It was more than just a Yoga Weekend: There was a lot of food.


This time it was all about rest and taking the time needed for oneself.  Plus there was the sunshine, the yoga, the massage, and the food.

Fourteen women joined me and from the beginning the conversation and laughter flowed.  I really felt I could sit back and let the group inspire themselves and each other. 

“What a great group of people you have gathered here,” was said to me a few times.  I felt blessed to be in such great bubbly company.

Between the many yoga sessions, food was a big focus  and a hit.  One guest suggested I write a yoga cookbook.  That’s too big of a plan for me now, instead I will share a few recipes:

Chocolate Fondue:
Cut up fresh fruit, arrange beautifully on a plate.
Heat up pure dark chocolate in a chocolate fondue pot. 
Serve side beside.
Let your guests make magic on their plates.  
Totally simply and oh so good.

Broccoli Feta Walnut Salad:
Cut and lightly steam broccoli
Mix in a large bowl with:
Crushed Walnuts
Fresh squeezed lemon juice
Crumbled feta
Again, it’s very simple.  
Misu Barley Soup:
Soak barley for 2 hours in cold water, 
then boil for 30 minutes.
In a large soup pot:
Fry onions, garlic and fresh ginger in vegetable oil (canola or sunflower are my favorites) 
Add some soya sauce
Add in some vegetables you like, e.g.:
Zucchini, celery, carrots, and red peeper
(I like to add the red peppers in 10 minutes before I serve it, so they are fresh and still a bit crunchy.)
Add water, misu paste, and the barley
Voila!  Serve with a big smile and enjoy!
I find cooking with love, a smile, good music, and thinking happy thoughts about the people who you are going to serve it to, makes the dish taste that much better. I generally don’t cook with recipes or specific measurements (that makes my baking a bit more risky). I get ingredients I like and mix them together how I like them. I try it out at home a few times first until I get the feel of the dish, then I take it on the road and serve it with delight.  
Food and eating is a huge part of life. That’s why I put a lot of focus on it on the yoga retreats. There is magic to eating a delicious and healthy meal in good company. It nourishes many levels of our selves. And of course as the cook, seeing the people eat the food with delight is a great pleasure. So thank you group for being such a culinarian and appreciative group. I wish you all lots of delicious meals, good company, and time for yourselves to ground and feel at home.
A few guest impressions:
“Thank you so much for such a wonderful weekend.  You made me feel loved and cared for from start to finish which is exactly what I needed.  I only have good things to say - the food, the yoga, the venue and everything else in between was absolutely perfect.  After all your hard work I hope you have some time today to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather.”                                             
- Melanie
“I just wanted to say thank you so much for such a wonderful weekend. I met some wonderful women had very interesting conversations and felt very nourished from the inside.  I feel blessed to be in contact with you and I hope this is only the beginning of my yoga journey.  Many thanks once again and I wish you an abundance of happiness.”
- Helen

Love and joy to all,
erinbell.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Berlin Bell's Street Yoga

DVD Trailer